vegan courgette & walnut browniesPosted on 26th January 2015 recipes
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 300g caster sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 1 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp salt
- 250g grated courgette
- 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Line a 22x33cm tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix well.
- Stir in the courgette – this takes a bit of stirring, but keep going until the mixture is well mixed and gooey.
- Mix in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour into prepared tin and level mixture.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, the brownies are done when they spring back when gently touched.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tin until completely cooled.
Cut into pieces, Instagram your creation and enjoy! Lisa x